2020 might compete in the Most Pivotal Year in History Award, but it had its fair share of surprises. I had the time to attack start to finish several games. I reused the commute time to play. Below is the list that I compiled using the new GOG Galaxy app, that tracks games even from other stores.
The list of movies I’m going to skip this time, since it would not fit into a single post.
- Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey (9★★★★★★★★★): I loved this game, setting and its protagonist Cassandra
- Dishonored: unique story, gameplay and visuals
- Hellblade Senua’s Sacrifice (9★★★★★★★★★) superb visuals and premise
- Half-Life 2: amazing game, even today
- Prey (8★★★★★★★★): these guys from Arkane Studios also know how to write and make all characters relevant
- >Observer_ (8★★★★★★★★): super weird setting that caught my attention
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (7★★★★★★★): messy story, despite the good gameplay loop
- Dishonored Death of the Outsider (7★★★★★★★): while it have the same not the same
- Farcry 3 Blood Dragon (7★★★★★★★): hahaha some over the top jokes
- Virginia (7★★★★★★★): lovely story
- A Way Out (7★★★★★★★): I’ve played with my girlfriend, together.
- Frostpunk (7★★★★★★★): I tend not to like rougelike or crazy-difficult, but this one surprised me
- Shadow Warrior 2 (7★★★★★★★): hahaha some over the top jokes (again)
- The Council (ep 1) (7★★★★★★★): amazing premise and the first episode is nice. I heard that the other episodes are not great
- Tacoma (7★★★★★★★): passive, calm and nice story
- Ape Out (7★★★★★★★) die and repeat
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins (6★★★★★★): beautiful but boring and another AC messing story
- Framed (Collection) (6★★★★★★): interesting premise
- Metro 2033 (Redux): the amount of DeusExMachina moments is off the charts. the same for best friend companions that dies in the very next scene.
- The Red Strings Club (6★★★★★★): weird
- Bioshock Infinite: I really did not like the story and not the gameplay
- Realpolitiks (5★★★★★) interesting take on politics and economics simulation
- Farcry 5 (5★★★★★) beautiful but boring and another FC forgetting story
Finished in 2018-2020 (before pandemic)
- Doom (9★★★★★★★★★) (sort of: a bug near the end broke the saved game)
- Thomas Was Alone (8★★★★★★★★): once I decided to restart and go to the end, I enjoyed so much the humor
- Hollow Night (7★★★★★★★): difficult as hell
- Gorogoa (7★★★★★★★):
- Quarantine Circular (7★★★★★★★): the same creator of Thomas was Alone. The same humor
- The Line (7★★★★★★★): classic whada fuck moment on gaming history
- Sexy Brutale (7★★★★★★★): great premise
- The Turing Test (7★★★★★★★)
- Shadow of War (6★★★★★★): (sort of a bug near the end broke the saved game)
- Rime (6★★★★★★): samey
- Captain Spirit (5★★★★★): lack in every aspect from its sister game Life is Strange
Not finished yet (for one reason or another)
In preparation of the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077!!!